9.27.2011

Hurricane Irene - Finishing The Conversation

Wow I'm behind!!  Thought I should finish the conversation about Hurricane Irene.  We never lost power, we had no trees, down, and we now are storing enough gas to power our generator for at least a week....we felt unbelievably spared.  We typically lose power when a bird flaps his wings the wrong way.  And I was prepared to have a couple trees on my house as well. 

I "sold" the hurricane to Graham and Brooks as a slumber party since we had to sleep downstairs.  (Storm didn't hit until 8:00 or 9:00 at night.)  Note: Brooks HATES slumber parties and Graham loves them so much he doesn't sleep.  And the dogs just don't know what to do when we're sleeping in a new room.  On the floor.  And there's crazy stuff going on outside.  Needless to say, I was very grateful for coffee the next morning! 

(The pictures below - I closed the curtains on all the windows in our house.  Because - you know - falling trees a limbs won't penetrate FABRIC........)








No comments: