5.01.2017

Sweet And Funny Things The Kids Say

Tanner - my teeth are allergic to popcorn.  It gets stuck in my teeth!




Graham (while travelling to Atlanta to visit Aunt Bob and Uncle Zach, Mads and MG) - "I'm so glad I'm on this trip with you and Tanner.




Brooks - I want to go to Egypt and take my sled so I can slide down the pyramids.




Getting the kids talking about Good Friday and why we are going to church -
Brooks - "Is Jesus dying on the cross today?"
Me - "Well, he died on the cross 2000 years ago.  But it was the same time of year then and we are remembering that tonight."
Graham - "Was Bebe alive?  Did she know Jesus?"




Tanner to Graham - "Can I have a kiss?"
Graham - "Tanner you are cute, but I don't want to kiss you."




Brooks - starving for dinner and has to wait for three minutes until the pasta is done - Daddy says he will tell him a story.  "Just don't tell me a story about when you were hungry once!"




Kyle to Tanner - "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Tanner - "With my family.  I want to spend time with my family."




Question at dinner: If you were stuck in an elevator with one person, who would you choose?
Graham - God
Brooks - God, Tanner, Momma




Tanner pretending to talk on the phone.
Kyle - "Who are you talking to?"
Tanner - "My guy"




Brooks talking to our babysitter, Rachel -
"I have retired from soccer."




Me to Tanner - "I will always want to hold you, Tanner!"
Tanner - "When I am an adult, I will hold you, Momma."




Tanner and Brooks while they are arguing one night in their room:
Tanner - "Brooks - you just worry about yourself!"




Tanner - "I promise I won't do anything else bad.  I will just sit here and relax on my butt cheeks."




2016 - Just like that we are eating family style and all the kids serve themselves at the table (except Claire).  Amazing to not be making kids' plates....




One day I couldn't find Tanner.  For a long time.  (20 minutes)  I even ran down the street calling his name.  I finally came back in the house and threatened to call the police if he didn't come out of hiding.  Just then a small voice says, "Why don't you check behind the couch?" 




All three boys decided to have a sleepover together one night. 
Kyle - "Is anyone going to bite or hit?"
Brooks - "I think Tanner will."
Tanner - "I have only bitten three times.  I won't bite tonight."


Kyle filling out school papers for what feels like the fifteenth time -
Graham's paperwork - Are there any holidays you do not celebrate? "Why yes.  None of the Hindu holidays, none of the Muslim holidays, and definitely not Ramadan.
Tanner's paperwork - What language is spoken at home? "English.  Very loud English."
Tanner's paperwork - "Things you wish for your child, teacher, and you?" World peace.






No comments: