2.17.2019

Cool Kid Conversations and Learnings

Brooks - at the beginning of the school year he started passing out WWJD bracelets.  Anyone can be part of the Club - "Always be Kind and Never Give Up".  And - those boys are all still wearing their bracelets months later!!!

Tanner - got a new book for his birthday from Papa and Gigi - "My Side of the Car".  He memorized the entire book after we read it to him each day for 4-5 days!!!  He took it to his class to read to his class.

Claire - speech therapy is clearly working.  She is calling everyone "Stinkpot", and regularly calls me and Kyle "Stupid" when she doesn't get her way.

While driving somewhere, one of the boys yells - "Daddy can you roll down the windows?  Momma's car smells like dead milk."

For Brooks' second grade musical we bought a brown shirt.  After Brooks put it on he said, "I sure hope momma rented this shirt and didn't buy it!" (It was a smidge too snug.)

Driving to the boys' piano recital Brooks says to Graham: "When it is my turn to play I can feel my tummy move."  Graham says: "I can, too."

Decorating the kids' Christmas tree - Brooks - so excited to decorate the tree and delighted to find the Immanuel ornament.  "God With Us"  He put it front and center so it is the first ornament anyone sees.

As Kyle is preparing medicine for Tanner one day, Claire is sitting across from him wearing her glasses without the lenses, and she says:
Claire: Is Brooks sick?
Kyle: No
Claire: Are you sick?
Kyle: No
Claire: (With big emphasis) AM I SICK?!
HAHAHA

No comments: