1.23.2009

Graham - almost 11 weeks old!

These past two weeks have been busy! I went back to work (sad, good, hard, rewarding - all at the same time!), Graham is really working a schedule well - which I'm sure will change tomorrow, Graham went to the doctor to get his first set of shots (so sad!!), and he had a weigh-in....he was 12 pounds 4 ounces at 10 weeks. My little buddy can eat! (And also has a very heavy car seat these days...my biceps are working!)


Last Saturday my dear friend Heidi took some pictures of our little family; her shots are posted below. (My first reaction to the pictures that include Kyle and me - WOW we look tired!!:)


An "AHA" moment I've had over the past few weeks...I LOVE waking up for Graham's 4AM feeding! (?! you might say...) I really love my sleep and found the upcoming lack of sleep to be one of my greatest worries during pregnancy. Graham's current schedule has him eating his last meal at about 9:30 or 10 at night, going to bed, waking up for a quick 4am feeding and then waking up at about 7:30 for the day. I find him to be completely irresistible at 4AM. Who would have ever guessed? And, while I don't feel very tired throughout the day, after looking at some of our pictures, I have realized I need to invest in a good concealer to hide the dark circles under my eyes. It's amazing to me how little sleep I can actually function on - and not feel tired. I've still only banked one or two naps since he's been born. (Robyn - you remembered right about my bad napping habits in college!!:)


Oh yeah - we took a mini poll a while back to see who everyone thought Graham looked like...every last friend of ours thinks he looks just like Kyle. Our entire family thinks he looks just like me. I think he's turning into a great mix of both of us. But, for a while his baby pictures were identical to mine. So fun to watch him change. I envision a little Graham with a full head of blond hair just like Kyle. He already has a lot of Kyle's personality - he's always on the move!


(Oh yes - thank you Jill for the SUPER CUTE outfit!! He wored the cutest set of light blue overalls for his photo shoot last Saturday!)















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy,
Great pictures! I don't think you guys look tired at all but I thought and still think the same thing when I look back at pictures of us at that stage with the girls. Once picture of Tom looks like he is either going to cry or fall asleep as he is holding both girls! I love the sleeping picture. Tom thinks he has your mouth (just the shape of it...:) and everything else looks like Kyle. I still just see Kyle.
Heather

beckley said...

hi nappy. can i call you that? :) i hope you're hanging in there with the work-return. full or part-time? i might have missed that.
the pictures are great. but i hear ya on the sleepies. and i think the funny thing is that all of a sudden you wake up one day (like after a YEAR) and realize how sleepy you have been. It's a rude awakening to suddenly feel like you can see and think straight and then wonder how exactly you've been functioning all along. And then you wonder if you really should have been driving afterall (that's when we instituted the no cell phone in the car rule:)
but as for pics, when you look tired you just rely on those pretty editing tools called "exposure" and "noise reduction"---crank 'em up and you're good to go:)
love you. shalom as you return to work.

beckley said...

hi nappy. can i call you that? :) i hope you're hanging in there with the work-return. full or part-time? i might have missed that.
the pictures are great. but i hear ya on the sleepies. and i think the funny thing is that all of a sudden you wake up one day (like after a YEAR) and realize how sleepy you have been. It's a rude awakening to suddenly feel like you can see and think straight and then wonder how exactly you've been functioning all along. And then you wonder if you really should have been driving afterall (that's when we instituted the no cell phone in the car rule:)
but as for pics, when you look tired you just rely on those pretty editing tools called "exposure" and "noise reduction"---crank 'em up and you're good to go:)
love you. shalom as you return to work.

Red said...

I love the pictures - Heidi did an amazing job and of course had great subjects to work with. The last picture is so sweet...

Glad things are going well for you guys!

Christy said...

oh friend...LOVE them, and no, you don't look tired, seriously you look beautiful!!!!! And he is awesome!!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on him :) let's please have a phone date this week!...i miss you!!! xoxoxoxo!