5.01.2009

Our Little "Cockroach"

Such a strange title to a post, and I do say it with all affection. Graham has a cockroach move that is cracking us up these days! Have you ever seen a really big bug that is on its back, trying to turn over? Well, that's what Graham looks like working his moves ....
Oh yeah - the video also highlights one of the many times that Graham's bib turns into a cape.
And, I must post some of Kyle's silliness. He continues to make me laugh all the time! I just got this picture from him. The caption he sent: this actually almost happened accidentally.







So a rather interesting slice of life from the Gifts...two nights ago we put Graham to bed around 8:45. It's been a crazy week, so I was looking forward to being a vegetable on the couch with some mindless television show. Kyle goes outside to work in his woodshop only to find that on Molly's "hunting expedition" that night, she uncovered a opposum! (What's the point of the silent "o" on that word?) Kyle puts Molly in the house (which is like trying to wrestle a crocodile). I, of course, hear all the commotion because Molly thinks she can somehow beat down the glass doors in our sun room to get back outside. Kyle grabs the skimmer net from the pool and decides that we need to catch this opposum and relocate it. (WHAT?!) So he has me run to get a piece of plywood while he's chasing this opposum around with the pool net (that has a 6-7 foot pole attached to it). I run up with the plywood and make sure Kyle knows I think this adventure is the CRAZIEST thing we've ever done! Kyle ends up cornering the opposum, we gently slide the net - and the opposum - onto the very large piece of plywood. And we start marching down the street. (All the while I'm yelling at Kyle thinking we're both going to get bitten and have to go through a million rabies shots in the stomach.) We end up letting him go in a neighbor's yard a few doors down. (For the record, I saw the opposum and the opposum's babies in this nieghbor's yard last week.) The opposum scurried away lickety split. Then, we came home to our own wild animal. Molly went hunting in the backyard for hours trying to find that opposum. Whew!

1 comment:

Christy said...

that was AWESOME!!!

your husband cracks us up!! when we see we've gotten a text from Kyle we know we are in for some extra special GIFT humor!!! Good grief I miss you guys!!!!

And I love little Graham---that was hysterical!!! He is SOOO cute Mandy!!! I can't wait to see him in person...I can't WAIT! and the story about Molly is hilarious! we can truly relate...i forget sometimes that dogs are hunters--ha!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!