8.23.2010

Adventures In Food

Graham has a thing for forks.  In fact, at times he will not eat his meal unless he has a real fork.  And he definitely knows the difference between his little plastic forks and the ones that Kyle and I use.  So, we have started to let him use real forks.  Little unnerving when it's aimed for his eye, but for the most part he gets his food on the fork and in his mouth. 






Graham is always interested in what I'm doing in the kitchen now.  And, he typically pulls his little piano stool over so he can see the countertop.  We had a "Stay-cation" two weeks ago which was such fun.  I made a list of everything specific we wanted to do for the week.  (Otherwise I would have tended to fritter away my time!)  One thing on the list was to try new recipes.  Graham "helped" me make a cold cucumber soup with poached shrimp.  (Which was not my favorite dish, by the way.)  The cooking was such fun with Graham.  The eating of it was lacking.



My grandmother was in town last weekend, and after music class "Graham" picked up milkshakes for everyone.  He definitely has a thing for milkshakes and popsicles!

No comments: