9.25.2009

Dreaming About Summer

While this week has been hot (the uncomfortable, very wet kind), I do know summer is about over. So, I'm already daydreaming about next summer! And, our first days in the new beach house. My parents' beach house is coming along - the road is done, and the groundwork is being laid to start building shortly. Kyle is even more eager than I for the house to be done! He goes to the Eastern Shore every other week to work, and he always takes time to walk the property. Here's a picture he took just yesterday...I already have visions of Graham and our dogs running on the beach. Our own beach!


A funny story about Kyle...
He was awarded a preceptorship through his company at Harvard Medical School. So off to Boston he went this week. While he's gone, I'm thinking about all he's going to learn from the doctors, how much he's going to enjoy it...
The first evening he's there, we only have about 5 minutes to talk on the phone. I'm eager to hear about his experience, what the medical school is like, what he's learning, etc. He was there with 5 other Novartis employees, and all of them were in the elevator at the same time, going to different places. Kyle was the first to get out - on the 6th floor of a 24 floor building. On his way out of the elevator, he hit every button. You know, so the elevator would stop on every floor for his co-workers.
I love my funny husband! I think he and Graham are going to have a lot of fun together!
We did move on the cool things he learned...
A little update on my ladies...Kona has a paw that's been giving her a hard time lately. So, I've finally made an appt (now that Kyle is home) to have it checked out. So, she's going to the doctor on Saturday morning. We concluded this morning that she may simply be a bit overweight...she has a tendency to eat Molly's food. (Molly - my crazy ADHD girl - starts a meal and is easily distracted. By a bug flying by, by a toy she's remembering from the night before, anything. And she will walk away from her food to go "hunt". In comes Kona, lickety-split.) So, whatever the doctor says on Saturday morning, we're going to combine that treatment with a diet...

1 comment:

beckley said...

i'll meet you there next summer :)

seriously- i'm happy to talk bday parties. i'm sorry i haven't gotten back. it's been a crazy week! i love birthday parties! when we have parties, i cut every corner i can because of cost, but when it's the birthday parties for my kids, i LOVE to get creative and think of all kinds of fun and silly things to do! love it.

i'm slowing down next week. i think. trying to finish an edit on a photog job from today, so that i can be finished with it by next week.