12.08.2009

Thanksgiving 2009

As i s our tradition every year, we went to Urbanna, VA to my father-in-law's house on the river. He's been building this house for quite some time, all by himself. It's pretty amazing. Usually Kyle's entire family and my entire family share Thanksgiving together. But, my dad was sick this year, so we split our time with everyone. We spent the day with Kyle's family and the evening with my family. All around a wonderful time!
The morning was a bit foggy, but the sun came out for the afternoon.




Our very good friend, Dean, joined us!
The dock - Verne sunk the pilings by jumping on them. (years ago)

Our family (extended family) is a family of dog lovers. Most everyone has adopted dogs, and they all typically end up at Thanksgiving. Greg and Stephanie have two (Sasha and Middi), Barrett has two (Chica and Angel), we have two (Kona and Molly), Brenda and Verne have two (Roscoe and Kali), and my brother and sister in law have three (Fenway, Lucy, and Buddy). It can be quite chaotic, but they do have so much fun. Verne owns about 13 acres, and the dogs love running in the woods. (Kona and Molly didn't come this year - would have been a little crazy trying to handle them in addition to Graham. Also they both are the same color as a deer, and it's hunting season this time of year. Makes me very nervous despite the orange shirts we have for them.)



A view from the back of the house
Lila - what a cute face!
Graham and his cousins - Evie and Lila - Me and my brothers in law - Greg and Barrett
My sister in law Kathryn and Lila
The fellas
Uncle Kevin carving the turkey with Evie
My brother and sister in law - Greg and Stephanie - going canoeing!

my little sir loves soft shoes!
Inside the house (Verne cuts down trees on his property and sends them through a lumber mill that he's made. He makes his logs from that.


This is much easier on Daddy's back!


No comments: