8.27.2011

Hurricane Irene

I have a handful of posts that I'm working on from the past week or two. But in the meantime, we're interrupting with a commercial break from Hurricane Irene. We have know she was going to hit us for quite a few days. We have prepared and prepared and prepared. I'm ready for no power for at least a week. Our generator is set up and ready to go. We have lots of gas to keep it going. I have a fridge full of food, and I can cook on my gas stove. I have a couple tubs full of water. And we've been waiting. And waiting. Yesterday afternoon after the kids woke up from naps, we went to the beach to see what the waves were like. The waves weren't much but the current was ridiculous. We ordered Steinhilbers fried shrimp for take-out, and now we're just sitting in the house. Brooks is sleeping in a pack n playin the downstairs bathroom, and Graham is sleeping in a pack n play right outside. We'll see how this goes.

We still have power - shocking! A bird flaps his wings the wrong way, and we typically lose power.

No comments: