1.04.2010

Christmas Morning 2009

Christmas was really special this year. It was wonderful - and actually relaxing! (I'll post Christmas Eve later - I'm a bit scattered because I started using my new camera, and I've been downloading my pictures completely out of order. Christmas Eve is next!)
Seeing Graham excited to tear wrapping paper was pretty fun. He didn't "get" the present-thing. But he definitely enjoyed a lot of new toys. Very sweet to see his excitement. It was equally special to watch the rest of the family enjoy Graham.
For the first time, we had Christmas morning at our own home - it was fabulous! I'm hoping to do this for years to come. We had a big breakfast, and my entire family came over to open presents.

My Aunt Jo

My grandmother, Ammi - she's been trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff in her basement that no one wants. One item in particular is a cheese board without the cheese knife. My mom found the cheese knife and wrapped it up for her.


Graham got his first tool box!

A VERY cool book that makes noises when he lifts up the flaps.



We put that bow on Graham's bum early in the morning, and it stayed on the entire time!


My grandfather (can you tell he's my dad's dad? - spitting image)


By the time Graham's 10:30 nap rolled around, we were done! My family left to go put the turkey in the oven, Kyle and I did a quick clean-up job, and then we enjoyed Christmas with our brown ladies. They each got a box full of toys. And, this year they both wanted to get in on the action of tearing them open - we had a BALL!

Here's Kona ripping apart her first toy...

Molly's toys ALWAYS last longer than Kona's (unless Kona steals them)




These toys (the blue circle things) are INDESTRUCTIBLE. And, my girls will destroy anything. I mean ANYTHING. Don't know what they are, but they do last forever in my house. And they're great tug-of-war toys. (Which, we found out, my girls played regularly in their room when they went on vacation to Holly Ridge while we were out of town over New Year's!)


No comments: